We recognise our customers to be those we serve – the public – and the governments and other organisations who engage us to provide public services. We operate internationally across four geographies: UK & Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and the Middle East and across five sectors: Defence, Justice & Immigration, Transport, Health and Citizen Services. This means we work for and on behalf of multiple governments and stakeholders across these sectors.
Our ability to develop long-term relationships with our customers is critical to our business. We maintain service-specific feedback channels for service users, such as dedicated customer service personnel and surveys, and follow formal processes for engaging with our contract customers, including contract bidding and performance review. Individual contract customer relationships are managed by our business leadership from Contract Directors to our Group Chief Executive Officer.
In addition to our contractual responsibilities to our customers, we also share with them a genuine and common goal to deliver superb public services. This is reflected in our purpose: ‘To be a trusted partner of governments, delivering superb public services, that transform outcomes and make a positive difference for our fellow citizens’. All in all, we are driven by our public service ethos to help our customers create positive outcomes for society.
Therefore, central to our approach is maintaining and always improving: our duty of care to end users, the quality of our service delivery, the social outcomes we deliver and the value for money we deliver to the public.
We also engage customers through the Serco Institute, an independent think tank working to help governments develop the next generation of public service solutions for citizens through research, insight and innovation.
Our four major governmental customers are the UK Government, the US Government, the Australian Government, and the Government of the United Arab Emirates.
At the regional level, our major customers include:
- The US Navy
- The US Air Force
- The US Army
- The US Department of Health and Human Services
- The US Patent & Trademark Office
- The Canadian Department of National Defence
- The Ontario Ministry of Transportation
- US State and Local Departments of Transport
- The Australian Department of Home Affairs
- The Western Australian Department of Health
- The Western Australian Department of Corrective Services
- The Australian Department of Defence
- The Australian Taxation Office
- The United Arab Emirates Roads and Transport Authority
- The Saudi Railway Company
- Dubai Airports
- The Australian Defence Force
- GCANS (General Company for Air Navigation Services)
- DACO (Dammam Airports Company)
- HMG (Dr. Sulaiman Al-Habib Medical Group)
UK & Europe
- The UK Ministry of Defence
- The UK Ministry of Justice
- The UK Home Office
- Transport Scotland
- The UK National Health Service
- The UK Department for Work and Pensions
- Hertfordshire County Council
- The European Space Agency